IRUD Summer Course is a short course held by the Department of International Relations Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia This program is held annually with diverse topics related to International Relations and current issues by academicians and professionals to provide a vast experience for all participants. In 2022, with a great theme of “Indonesia Local Wisdom to Protect the Environment”, we aim to exchange ideas and share knowledge about the global environmental issues and promote Indonesian local wisdom in the framework of international environmental politics.
- Promoting Indonesia culture especially Semarang to the International society.
- Facilitating both national and international youth who want to learn about international relations.
- Provides an extraordinary opportunity for both students and researchers who want to deepen their knowledge about the social, political, and cultural diversity of Indonesia.
- Introducing International Relations more practically.
- Building and strengthening the relations between International Relations Universitas Diponegoro with the international students and academicians.
“Indonesia Local Wisdom to Protect the Environment”
Indonesia is the largest archipelagic country with more than 200 ethnic groups and over 300 spoken languages reflect the nation’s diversity under “Bhineka Tunggal Ika”. The local ethnicities in Indonesia live closely with nature and preserve it through their practical way of life. Learning from their beliefs, values, and knowledge to tackle environmental problems will be a new experience for international students to board their understanding of Indonesian society and culture particularly in environmental protection.
Academic class provides academic materials related to implication of international relations theory conducted by academician and professionals in each fields
Workshop Class provides cultural informal training and entertaintment to promote Indonesian culture to the participants conducted by professionals in each fields
- Defining Local Wisdom
- Indonesian Local Wisdom
- Implementation of Environmental Policy and Law in Indonesia and other States
- Women and Environment: Applying Ecofeminism to Ecological Crisis Issues
- Environmental Justice: Haze and Air Pollution
- Global Haze Management
- Global Climate Activism
- The linkage of Environmental Politics and Global Development
- Global Environmental Policy
- Workshop: Eco-friendly Bag from Old Clothes
- Climate Change and Migration
- Workshop: Eco-friendly Cuisines in Indonesia
Prof. Sudharto P Hadi, MES, PhD
Environmental Studies and Community Regional Planning
Dr. Hartuti Purnaweni, MPA
Environmental Science and Local Wisdom
Ika Riswanti Putranti, SH, MH,Ph.D
Environmental Policy and Law
Prof Susan Harris Rimmer
Gender Equality and Human Rights
Assistant Professor Jan Robert R Go
(University Philippines Diliman)
Dr. Hanim Kamaruddin
Environmental Law and Haze Management
(Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
Muhammad Faizal Alfian, S.IP, M.A
Environmental Crime and Participation Theory
Dr. William Lock
International Development and Political Ecology
(University of Sussex)
Fengshi Wu, Ph.D., AFAHE
Environmental Politics and Global Governance
(University of New South Wales)
Dr. William Arrocha
Human Rights and Global Migration
(Middlebury Institute of International Studies)
Anjani Tri Fatharini, S.IP, M.A
Practitioner in Sustainable Movement
Muhammad Arief Zuliyan, S.IP, LLC
Practitioner in Indonesian Tourism
Registered as Non Degree Student in Universitas Diponegoro
Real time experience of discussion with our esteemed speakers
1 – 31 August 2022
12 – 23 September 2022
LET’S JOIN US